This interactive workshop examines the possible impacts on workers from working with clients and patients who are experiencing hardship.
Participants will be encouraged to examine their own coping and wellbeing, to review their current situation and to identify strategies for promoting their self-care both in the work setting and outside work.
- The possible impacts on workers from working with clients/patients who are trauma survivors and/or experiencing hardship and struggle;
- The risk factors that make workers more vulnerable;
- Personal and organisational symptoms of vicarious trauma;
- An audit of the current situation; and
- Strategies for personal and professional self-care.
Afternoon tea will be provided.
***WLWA will apply to the LPB for approval of this seminar as a CPD activity.